Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Fill me Up









Hebrews 12:28-29 

"Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: 29 For our God is a consuming fire" (KJV).

One day I was sitting in my family room when I looked at our fireplace and the song “Fill Me Up” by Casey J popped into my head. The words to this song are incredible and speak on God filling us with the Holy Spirit while we open our hearts to receive it. I thought to myself, as Christians, we are similar to a fireplace. The Holy Spirit is the fire and our willingness to give God praise is the wood. As Christians, we offer our sacrifice to God. When we get cold, we need more wood. Often times we think our fire has gone out, but if we add a little more wood to the fire, the flame would get bigger. This is similar to us giving God praise if we just open our hearts, and add our willingness to give God praise our flames will become bigger! When our hearts cry out to him, God is Faithful. He fills us up and causes an overflow so we can pour into others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Embrace Your Purpose

  “Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments”. (Psalm 119:73)   As I was reading m...